Choosing an auto insurance policy is an huge part of your fiscal plan. The preservation afforded by the proper policy that meshes with your specific family’s needs is more important than finding the cheapest auto insurance around. You should take the time to walk through your fiscal plan with your insurance agent and then find a insurance policy that coordinates with your overall financial plan.
Here is a great article from Consumer Reports on buying insurance:
Getting started in Kansas
Those quirky characters in auto-insurance TV ads might give you more laughs than actual savings, according to a 2014 survey by the Consumer Reports National Research Center. Only 10 percent of 19,000 ConsumerReports.org subscribers who compared premiums found that they would save money by switching insurers. That doesn’t mean shopping is a waste of time. But it’s only one way to save on auto premiums, which these days are buffeted by a slew of variables, such as:
· Rising costs. Auto-insurance premiums are up 4 percent since 2013, about twice the rate of overall inflation. So if your income is still treading water, car insurance is taking a bigger bite out of your household budget.
· Credit-based insurance scores. Hard times have hurt many consumers’ credit scores. That could result in rate increases, thanks to most carriers’ use of credit-based insurance scores in setting premiums. Consumer advocates (including Consumer Reports) have long argued that credit-based scoring is unfair because scores are not related to accident risk. But legislative efforts to ban or restrict the practice in recent years have been unsuccessful.
· Uninsured motorists. The stagnant economy has also prompted unemployed consumers to go without insurance, which could shift some or all of their liability costs to you.
· Corner-cutting repairs. Some insurers push policyholders to get their cars fixed at specified repair shops, which left our readers less satisfied, so that the companies can cut costs, often through use of cheaper aftermarket replacement parts.
Some cost factors are beyond your control, but there’s still plenty you can do to cut your premiums for the auto coverage you need. So, it’s a good idea to focus on compare auto insurance quotes when you can.
As you invest your time looking for the very best insurance plan, be sure to comprehend the distinctions between insurance policy business. Each firm has its very own collection of standards that they use to underwrite their plans. This way, by comparing multiple business, you can find the outright ideal plan for your specific monetary situation.
Here is a good article from the government on auto insurance rates for Overland Park, KS.
The requirements for auto insurance vary from state to state. Check with your Kansas insurance regulator to learn more about individual requirements, as well as insurers you may be considering for your policy.
To get the best coverage in Overland Park at the best price, get several quotes from insurance companies. It may save you hundreds of dollars a year. Other ways to reduce your insurance premiums are:
- Raise your deductibles on collision and comprehensive coverages. If you have an old car, you might want to drop these coverages altogether.
- Take advantage of discounts. You may be eligible for a discount based on the number of miles you drive; your age (turning 25 or 50); your good grades if you are a student, your driving record (no moving vehicle violations or accidents in three years); or if you’ve taken a safe-driving course. You might also be able to get discounts if you insure more than one vehicle, insure your vehicle and your home with the same company, have anti-theft devices or have safety features such as air bags or anti-lock brake system.
Insider Insurance Tips
- Be wary of people selling insurance door-to-door and over the telephone.
- Be suspicious if, after an accident, a stranger contacts you to offer “quick cash” or recommends a particular attorney, mechanic, or healthcare provider. Report the incident to your police department.
- Don’t give your insurance identification numbers to companies you don’t know.
- Carry a disposable camera in your glove compartment. If you are in an accident, take pictures of the damage and the people involved. Ask for names, telephone numbers and driver’s license information for all those involved. Getting contact information for any witnesses is also a good idea.
- Be sure to check out compare auto insurance quotes
Here at Hubbard Insurance, we are dedicated to assisting you discover the absolute policy for your insurance coverage requires. We know that there are a lot of options out there and we want to exceed all of your expectations for your insurance needs. We have actually assisted a great deal of people in the Overland Park location throughout the years discover insurance that fits within their life strategy. This can be the lowest expense choice for many individuals, especially those that are simply starting out. As our customers age, their requirements alter and we work with them to find solutions that fit those requirements. We do a complete monetary review for estate planning functions. We are right here to assist you in any way that we can. Kindly call today. Thank you.
You can find our office by going here:
via tumblr http://lrhub.tumblr.com/post/122866190704